The Charlotte region will become known as a major applied technology center in the United States, and will leverage its strengths in business, economic diversity and entrepreneurial zeal to sustain a diverse and healthy economy (No Boundaries Report 2004).
- Workforce development and education programs are focused on preparing the workforce for the region’s target industries.
- Entrepreneurship and small business are significant drivers of the economy.
- The region offers a place for its residents to live, play, and work, and appeals as a place to live for young professionals and individuals employed by target industry companies.
- The Region’s sites and infrastructure meet the needs of target industries and a growing population
- The Region’s existing talents, leaders, and resources are coordinated so that there is a seamless system for economic development services.(No Boundaries Report 2004)
Board of Directors Officers
- Miles Atkins , Chairman
Town of Mooresville
- Bill Thunberg, Vice-Chairman
Lake Norman Transportation Commission
- Astrid Chirions , Treasurer/Secretary
Latin American Economic Development Corp.